Product Description
Thorogood tactical foorwear is job fitted for maximum performance Tread designs, cushioning levels, moisture management, and protective features are specifically engineered for the demands of the task at hand. Being able to count on your equipment can be crucial for tactical professionals. Thorogood Trooper Series includes innovative materials and superior craftsmanship to provide every advantage in comfort, safety, and performance.
| List Price: | $139.95 |
| Price: |
$113.19 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details |
| as of Tue, 26 Feb 2013 11:01:47 GMT ***Remember, deals price on this item for sale just for limited time*** | |
Product Details
- Size: 10 D(M) US
- Color: Black
- Brand: Thorogood
- Model: Trooper
- Fabric type: leather
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 6.00 pounds
Features
- Oil-tanned leather upper with high shine polishable toe cap and heel counter
- Dri-Lex(r) Aerospacer(r) lining
- Heavy duty YKK side zipper with Velcro tab cover
- Goodyear storm wel construction
- GEN EX(tm) dual density rubber lug outsole
From the Manufacturer
Since 1892, Weinbrenner Shoe Company has been a leading manufacturer and pioneering force in the American footwear industry, initiating many of the significant safety and job-fitted design elements that are common today. Thorogood footwear is the most trusted brand in the uniform and work industry. All Thorogood American Heritage Work and American Uniform styles are Union-Made in the USA. Their local union has been a proud part of the Weinbrenner Shoe Co. since 1943.
Customer Reviews
Most helpful customer reviews
5 of 5 people found the following review helpful.OK Boot for the Price
By bwanc
I've worn this boot a couple of days now and here's what I think...It's a decent boot for the price. Not sure if I would buy it again though. To confirm earlier reviews, yes, it is made in China. The boot appears to be well made. It does arrive with a good shine on the toe and heel, but not glossy. The sole is thick, heavy duty, and hard rubber. The zipper is smooth. Here's what I don't like that much...The toe is big and round. It doesn't taper a little at the front like a lot of other utility boots. The hard sole doesn't make for quiet walking on metal stairs. The top of the boot where the zipper ends has been rubbing the inside of my leg (making it a little uncomfortable.) It's not like wearing a sneaker like some other brands in this category. I don't regret this purchase, but I probably will not buy another pair after these wear out.
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful.Excellent boots but not perfect
By Crush
Wearing uniform boots for almost 20 years, I've tried more than a few. Uniform requirements don't require it, but the capped toe look is unofficially the standard; the comparable Rocky boots are good, but very heavy for foot patrol or static posts. Not a lot of other quality brand options. Tried these as they were much cheaper than those boots, and they are impressive. They are lighter, and polish up to near Clarino level - no need for leatherluster, etc. as the leather is very high quality. If you know how to prep boots properly you can make these nearly perfect. The accordion style padding at the top of the back is very comfortable, great design feature. Boot breaks in and flexes where it's supposed to, sole is high quality, size runs true (I went one half size up as some boots I need to, but these as well as Rocky seem to run true to size - these are good with thick socks for me) Overall very high quality boot.
Only issue I have with the boot is the side zip system. For one, I see no need for it - it's another failure point, and I'm tired of this being 'standard' - it drives up cost. I'm a 11.5 wide, and have no problem with removing boots without them. Particular to this boot, there isn't enough padding/shielding between the zipper and the interior of the boot - it rubs my ankle bone raw after about 4-5 hours in them. Thicker socks might help, as noted I went 1/2 size too large, but inspecting the inside there is only a thin piece of suede between the inner booty and the zipper. Again, the capped toe and all other aspects are great, if you wear thick socks these will be good.
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful.Love the way these boots look and feel!
By Lisa
First off Amazon is awesome on orders and shipping fast!
I work as a Communications Officer and these boots feel great (not stiff on bend) and look awesome with both A-Class Uniforms (polished toe and heel) as well as tactical pants!
I wear a woman's size 8, so I ordered these in the men size 6 and they fit great!
No comments:
Post a Comment